Monday, October 13, 2008

Walnut Loaf

A Warm Hello,

The days seem to be flying by.... Christmas will be upon us, before we know it...

We had a lovely weekend, Saturday was a day spent pottering and getting lots of those small chores done. Repotting a few plants in the garden, hand washing woollies to put away for the summer. I even spent time in the loft organising some more room for my materials that I love, but will not live long enough to use. I have made a mental note for myself NO MORE FABRIC.....I cleaned out my wardrobe, and was so pleased with the result. I wanted to start on the tallboy, but time was short , I cooked dinner and we visted some old friends of ours, we have known them for 24 years. It is a joy to sit and talk with people that know you so well, we know all about each others family and all each others quirks. We share some wine and laugh alot. Sunday, we visited a local picnic ground with a lake, Miss L. rode her bike, while us two walked, we did a couple of miles before the hot wind became so strong, it made it too uncomfortable for walking, so we turned back. We drove to the seaside about 10 minutes away and stopped for a late lunch. (Must remember to take my camera).

Today,I have visited the market, supermarket,bank and dry cleaners . I wanted to prepare something for afternoon tea, for when Mr. M. & Miss L. arrive home, so I quickly put all the shopping away, and made this nut loaf.


My recipe for Walnut Loaf....Yummy...






Ingredients;

1 and a quarter cups of Self Raising Flour

1Tspn Mixed Spice

1 Tspn of Cinamon

Pinch of Salt

1/4 Cup of Castor Sugar

50gms Butter

3/4 Cup of chopped Walnuts

half cup sultanas

Just under 1/2 cup of milk

1 egg.


Sift flour Salt & Spices together 3 times

Rub in Butter

Add Sugar, Sultanas & Walnuts

Stir in egg & milk.

Place in Nut Loaf Tin and cook in a 190.c over for about 55 minutes.



Sifting flour etc..





Mix to a very firm dropping consistency. Place in Tin.(Remember,to grease it first.)


Cool on rack for about 1/2 hour.


Yum,.....nice with butter...



And yes they like my Nut loaf, Miss L. likes it with a glass of milk & Mr. M. with Tea.

Well, must away.. Take care until next time..

Will have a post on handmade Christmas presents coming up shortly.

With Smiles

Kathryn x

No comments: