Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Best of Days..
















Warm Welcome,

Firstly, thankyou to everyone who has left comments. I really enjoy reading them, and appreciate the time you took to send them. It really makes my day.

Having a lovely day today, just doing the housework, cooking and enjoying the little things the day brings.
I have been cleaning my sewing loft madly, after I found a few families of moths in there. Yes, Shock..Horror .... How dare they even think of going anywher near my fabric stash, when I am so careful to keep mothballs & cloves in every nook & cranny. I'm all for live and let live, but not in my Loft..

I mentioned in the last post about the new family member, Daisy. She is 8 weeks old and a West Highland Terrier. It is just like having a baby again, peace and a nice sit down when she goes to sleep. Ahhhh... She is a lovely puppy. But so easy to stand on. Jock our dog, is lovely to her and they play alot. The photos doesn't do her justice.


Awhile ago I showed some fabric I was making into a cup bag. Well here is the finished product. I was pleased with it. The side pockets are for tea, coffee etc..
I made Quiche today, it was lovely with Salad.

RECIPE FOR QUICHE
Ingredients:
4 Eggs
1 cup Pastry mix(lion)
1 cup celery
1 cup onion
1 cup lean meat of bacon
1 cup carrot
1 cup cheese ( I use low fat)
1 cup cream(I use half cream half skim milk
Sprinkle some extra cheese & put some sliced tomato on top.
Mix altogther and cook for 1 and a quarter hours on 160c. oven.
Waa.. Laa....
Serve with salad.

Bye for now, God Bless you & yours.

With Smiles

Kathryn x

6 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love your cup bag - the poppy fabic is lovely. How lucky are you having a loft to use as your studio. Hope you got rid of the moths!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a lovely comment - it really made our day :)

Amy said...

Hi Kathryn....your little Daisy is cute as button. Makes me want a puppy..almost. I especially am interested in your cup bag. Did you use a pattern? What a lovely idea for oneself or a gift. Your quiche looks scrumptious.

Lesley (Notesfrommydays) said...

oh ive not made quiche for aaaaggeeesss yours looked yummy i may give it a go at the weekend :-)
lesley x

Knot Garden said...

The quiche looks really nice and I love your photo of all the ingredients. I must try this recipe.
The cup bag is both beautiful and useful!

Sarah said...

I will make this for dinner - yum.

I am so pleased the weather was good for you here in Tassie. Water wise - our grounds are VERY dry (well to what they used to be) - lots of houses cracking. I am surprised they have not started the restrictions yet to be honest.

Sarah said...

Hi again Kathryn,

We made the quiche again on the weekend but this time we has leek, potato and asparagus and it was just delicious.

What a great recipe base to have in my family favourite pile.